The Colombian cave paintings tour is a cultural experience to connect nature with ancestral history and heritage. Sáchica Boyacá is nominated by UNESCO to be declared CULTURAL HERITAGE OF HUMANITY. The most important reason that makes this place so unique is its great archaeological, paleontological and historical wealth.
Javier, our guide, is a local historian. He will guide you along the trails where the farmers live and he will put you in contact with them so you can feel the positive energy of the locals. The experience will take you to the viewpoints and places where the stories of our ancestors are felt in the present and you will see how the symbols of 500 years ago come to life in the Colombian cave paintings.
This tour is for me if I…
- Am interested in history and anthropological research.
- Love experiences that create a bond with the local guide and community.
- Like nature and active trekking.
- Feel comfortable with water.
- Would like to connect with the energy of ancestral places.
Highlights of the tour
- We will discover a set of cave paintings in a rock shelter, which represents astronomical calendars, mountains, crops, faces, insects, birds and abstract figures of the Muisca culture.
- This activity also supports the conservation of our cultural wealth in the long term.
- Bathing in hot springs increases body temperature, kills germs (including viruses), also increases the body’s hydrostatic pressure, thereby increasing blood circulation and oxygenation.
- DepartureSachica central park
- Departure TimePlease arrive by 7:30 am for a prompt departure at 8:00 am
- Return TimeAround 1:00 pm
- Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, walking shoes, hat and light jacket.
- IncludedCave PaintingsSafety insuranceSnacksPersonal Guide
- Not IncludedAll transportation (from start point to end point)AccommodationDinnerLunchEntry FeesBreakfast
What is included:
- Local snack and drink included
- Meals: not included
- Javier, the local guide, can give you the best recommendations to have a delicious lunch in the town.
Transportation:You will have to arrive by yourself in Sachica. It is very easy:
- By car from Bogota (2 hours and 30 min): Take the road to Tunja-Samaca-Villa de Leyva.
- Reach Sachica with public transportation:
- From Bogota, go to the bus terminal and look for the area with direction to Tunja. Take a direct bus to Sachica with a duration of approximately 3 hours.
- From Villa de Leyva, go to the transport terminal (village entrance) and take a bus to Sachica for about 10 minutes.
- Sports and spare clothes in case you want to swim in the hot springs.
- Protection against the sun, preferably a hat.
- It's very important to stay hydrated so bring a bottle of water.