Fishing with locals
Fishing with locals in Boquilla
Fishing with locals in Cartagena is done for those who want to get closer to the local people and know more about the story of their lives. Every morning the people of the town of La Boquilla get up to go fishing.
La Boquilla is home to many Afro-descendant families whose main source of income is fishing, in its two large lagoons: the Ciénaga de Juan Polo and the Ciénaga de la Virgen. You can catch fish such as :
- Sea bass (bass).
- Black snapper
- Clams, shrimp, crabs and lobsters.
The fishermen await us at La Boquilla to take us in their canoes, in the company of our guide. For about 2-3 hours, we will fish in the lagoon, do not forget to wear a hat, sunscreen and mosquito repellent.
Why choose this tour?
- Just imagine yourself, fishing with locals in the beautiful mangroves of Cartagena, with excellent weather and excellent people!
- Boquilla is one of the places out of the spotlight of tourism, where the experience with the friendly locals will stay in your memories forever.
- You will know how to use the fishing line, organize the fishing net and place the traps to catch shrimp and crabs.
- You can keep your fishing and if you wish we can go to one of the fishermen’s houses, to cook and eat together.
More information about La Boquilla:
- Located on La Boquilla beach 20 minutes from the historic center of Cartagena just after the airport. This small fishing village is recognized for its delicious seafood and canoe excursions in the mangroves towards the end of the beach.
- The beach is not the main attraction, but the visit to the mangroves and the exotic food is!
- In this town you can appreciate the original Cartagena culture, very similar to that of the post-colonial era, where communities based their economy on fishing and family integrity.
- DepartureClog tower, historical center Cartagena.
- Departure TimePlease arrive by 7:30 AM to start the tour at 8:00 PM
- Return TimeAround 14:00 PM
- Dress CodeCasual, summer clothes, protection against the sun (hat).
- IncludedFishing with localsAll transportation (from start point to end point)SnacksLunchEntry FeesPersonal Guide
- Not IncludedSafety insuranceAccommodationDinnerBreakfast