Inside Punta Gallinas
Discover the magic of La Guajira Colombia tour and experience on a journey that takes you from indigenous communities to soaring desert dunes. This is a 3 days/2 nights trip that will show you the most amazing locations in the northeast of Colombia. The most amazing places of La Guajira will be visited during this tour and most importantly, it will go hand in hand with the Wayuu community. Beaches, dunes, and viewpoints will be visited on 9 different locations during this fantastic tour to La Guajira Colombia (check the stops in the plan).
Cultural Guajira experience:
The tour guides are indigenous from the community. The experience involves sharing and playing with the Wayuu kids and families. You will sleep like them in their hammocks and eat with them in the local dining rooms. They will show you how it is to live in the desert and teach you their family traditions. The Wayuu community has a strong connection with the earth and an astronomical philosophy that is worth knowing.
This tour is for me if I…
- Want to know about an indigenous community and share cultural experiences with them.
- Love to visit remote places out of the spotlight of mass tourism.
- Feel comfortable sleeping in a hammock and feel happy sharing local dishes with the community.
- Handle very well high temperatures and love warm places around 36 °C.
- Like medium physical challenge and slow trekking.
- Am adventurous to travel through the desert (by jeep) during a couple of hours.
Highlights of La Guajira Colombia tour
- This experience is designed for people who want to live a basic life for a couple of days. And this without any luxury, more than a hammock to sleep and a spectacular landscape to contemplate.
- This activity also has to do with volunteering, you will know the community, you will learn many things from them that will open your eyes to a much simpler life. If you want to join you can also participate in educational and entertainment activities for/with children. Each visit to this community means immense joy for the kids.
- DepartureRioacha central station
- Departure TimePlease arrive by 7:00 AM at the meeting point for a prompt departure at 7:30 AM.
- Return TimeApproximately 3:30 PM
- Dress CodeCasual, summer clothes, protection against the sun (hat).
- IncludedInside Punta GallinasSafety insuranceAll transportation (from start point to end point)AccommodationSnacksDinnerLunchEntry FeesPersonal GuideBreakfast
Day 1: Starting point, Rioacha
- Playa Arcoíris
- Pilón de Azúcar
- Ojo de Agua
- El Faro
Day 2: Punta Gallinas
- El faro de Punta Gallinas (Most northern point of South-America)
- Mirador de Kazare
- Las Dunas de Taroa
- Playas de Punta Agujas (sunset)
Day 3: Last day
TOUR REVIEW SCORES AND SCORE BREAKDOWN
What is included?
- Transportation: You will have to arrive at Rioacha by yourself.
- The easiest way is to take a flight from Bogota to Rioacha airport.
- Another option is to travel to Santa Marta and take public transportation (3 hours) to Rioacha.
- From Rioacha to Punta Gallinas and back, all transportation is included.
- The transportation towards the highlights and back to the community house is included.
- Meals and drinks:
- Day 1: Lunch and dinner included (no breakfast)/ drinks during meals included
- Day 2: All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) included/ drinks during meals included
- Day 3: Breakfast included/ drinks during breakfast included
- This experience is about sleeping in hammocks just like the community does. The hammocks are located under a kiosk to protect you from weather conditions.
- Toilets and showers (cold water) are available at the site
What to take with me?
- Comfortable and fresh clothes.
- Swimming dress and beach shoes.
- Mosquito repellant.
- Sunscreen and protection against the sun, preferably a hat.
- Take as many bottles of water as you can, water is a precious element in the desert.
- Preferably small luggage or backpack.