City tour Medellin- Half day
Tour around Medellin, Colombia
This incredible tour in Medellin Colombia will allow you to see the most important places in the city, use public transportation and learn about the culture, all guided by a wonderful local guide.
It will be a path to understand urban and social transformation. This tour provides a snapshot of life in this vibrant city at the turn of its most violent days.
Why choose this tour:
- This tour is perfect for guests with less time, to have an excellent general view of the city and the culture.
- David is a local host, who will share with you his life experiences and take you to the most popular and hidden places of Medellin.
- Since David is 100% from Medellin, during the tour you will connect with other locals and receive very good advice.
- Explore Medellín by public transportation and walking, but our host will pick you up in the hostel and take you back by car. This is to
- Visit and admire all the sculptures at Plaza Botero and listen to a very interesting explanation of this unique artistic expression.
- Enjoy all the colors, culture, art, vibes and views at comuna 13.
Interesting facts about Medellin:
- Without exaggeration, Medellin’s climate is the best in the world. Not for nothing they say the city of eternal spring.
- The only moment in which Medellín is divided in two is when the soccer classic arrives in the city: Atlético Nacional vs Deportivo Independiente Medellín.
- Paisas (People from the coffee region) do not drink brandy other than Antioqueño. So you don’t have to offer them any other brand.
- The paisa tray is the most representative dish in the region, it has an average of 1800 calories, practically all of which must be consumed in one day. But each of these is definitely worth it.
- DepartureYour Hotel!
- Departure TimeSend us a message and we will fit the hour of the experience with your available time.
- Return TimeDepends on the start time
- Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, walking shoes, hat and light jacket.
- IncludedCity tour Medellin- Half dayAll transportation (from start point to end point)SnacksEntry FeesPersonal Guide
- Not IncludedSafety insuranceAccommodationDinnerLunchBreakfast
Stop 1: Metro station
- Let's start a tour from the El Poblado neighborhood to the center by Metro. You can observe the city from above and our host will give you the most important information about each of the places you see.
Stop 2: Plaza Botero
- You will walk between the streets of downtown Medellin while sharing with people and eating delicious snacks. You will see many structures and houses during the tour. Already in the square, our host will explain the history of the square, the church and the background of the artistic expression of Botero.
Stop 3: Comuna 13
- One of the most famous parts of Medellin is commune 13, there with our local guide, you will have the opportunity to hear real experiences and connect with people.
End up the tour with an amazing view of the city from the mountains! and come back to your hotel with our host by car.
From the Airport to Medellin city
- It is recommended to take a taxi from the official office inside of the airport.
- It is possible to go by public transportation, take the only bus going to the airport and in the city ask for a taxi using the apps: easy taxi or tappsi.
- It is not recommended to take a taxi on the streets.