Prices might change with the group size.
Nature tour next to Medellin.
If you are looking for a nature tour close to Medellin, join this amazing experience. The river to visit is La Tebaida in San Luis. This town is the perfect place to enjoy this adventure 100% safe. The experience will let you see beautiful scenes of nature next to the river and at the same time enjoy the turquoise water of the river.
Why choose this tour?
- This experience includes:
- Trekking towards the river in between the jungle. It is a perfect opportunity to see birds, monkeys, and local spiders.
- Swimming in the crystalline waters, feeling relaxation and connection with nature.
- Hidromasaging with natural waterfalls and meditation with the sounds of the jungle.
- Take an adventurous jump to the water and let the adrenaline raise!
- It is a perfect nature escape from Medellin. San Luis is located only 3 hours from Medellin.
- Every tourist visiting is new hope for the river. Tourism is the only reason holding back the construction of hydroelectric plants.
Interesting facts about San Luis
- San Luis is located just 35 minutes from Medellin and is known as the water paradise of Antioquia.
- The river “Dormilon” means the sleepy river, not because it has calm waters, but because of the trees that are found on the entire edge of the river.
- The community of San Luis has struggled for several years to protect the river since large companies want to build hydroelectric plants.
- This river is a symbol of unity since people from all social situations come to the river to make the famous “Paseo de olla” which means cooking a soup next to the river. It doesn’t discriminate where you are from or the color of your skin, just everyone enjoys the beautiful river.
- DepartureCentral park San Luis
- Departure TimePlease arrive by 8:30 AM to start the tour at 9:00 PM
- Return TimeAround 13:00 PM
- Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, walking shoes, swimming dress and dry clothes.
- IncludedEnergy riverAll transportation (from start point to end point)SnacksLunchEntry FeesPersonal Guide
- Not IncludedSafety insuranceAccommodationDinnerBreakfast
- To get to San Luis from Medellin, by public bus you need to leave from Terminal Norte, and find the kiosk for Flota Granada, they are at wicket 17 on the ground floor of the terminal.
- A ticket each way costs 20000cop ($8.64CAD/5.56EU), it can change from year to year.
- You will need to be on the 6 am bus (they leave hourly). The bus ride is about three hours on an interesting public bus, which will get crowded, so be sure to get your seats ahead of time.
- You can't book passage on the bus any further than one day in advance, and tickets can only be purchased, with cash, from the ticket office in terminal del norte in Medellin.
- As soon as you arrive you will want to book your return passage (if that is your plan) for the 5 pm bus, which is the last of the day.