Rappel in San Luis
Prices might change with the group size.
Rappel in San Luis river next to Medellin
Rappel is an amazing experience that you can enjoy in a river just 30 minutes from Medellin. San Luis is the town where this amazing waterfall is located. Rappelling is a means of using a rope to descend in a controlled manner. In this case, the descend will be done in a waterfall. The activity is nos only the rappelling in the waterfall, but also enjoy the nature around and swimming in the amazing natural pool.
Why choose this tour?
- The waterfall is 30 m high and the natural scene is completely amazing.
- When you finish rappelling, you will be able to swim in the natural pool next to the waterfall, and also the tour guides will take you to the biggest river and waterfall in the same river.
- All the team is 100% trained and professionals to assure your safety during the experience.
- Every tourist visiting is new hope for the river. Tourism is the only reason holding back the construction of hydroelectric plants.
Interesting facts about San Luis
- San Luis is located just 35 minutes from Medellin and is known as the water paradise of Antioquia.
- The river “Dormilon” means the sleepy river, not because it has calm waters, but because of the trees that are found on the entire edge of the river.
- The community of San Luis has struggled for several years to protect the river since large companies want to build hydroelectric plants.
- This river is a symbol of unity since people from all social situations come to the river to make the famous “Paseo de olla” which means cooking a soup next to the river. It doesn’t discriminate where you are from or the color of your skin, just everyone enjoys the beautiful river.
- DepartureCentral park San Luis
- Departure TimePlease arrive by 9:30 AM for a prompt departure at 10:00 AM.
- Return TimeAround 13:00 PM
- Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, walking shoes, swimming dress and dry clothes.
- IncludedRappel in San LuisAll transportation (from start point to end point)SnacksLunchEntry FeesPersonal Guide
- Not IncludedSafety insuranceAccommodationDinnerBreakfast
- To get to San Luis from Medellin, by public bus you need to leave from Terminal Norte, and find the kiosk for Flota Granada, they are at wicket 17 on the ground floor of the terminal.
- A ticket each way costs 20000cop ($8.64CAD/5.56EU), it can change from year to year.
- You will need to be on the 6 am bus (they leave hourly). The bus ride is about three hours on an interesting public bus, which will get crowded, so be sure to get your seats ahead of time.
- You can't book passage on the bus any further than one day in advance, and tickets can only be purchased, with cash, from the ticket office in terminal del norte in Medellin.
- As soon as you arrive you will want to book your return passage (if that is your plan) for the 5 pm bus, which is the last of the day.