The Slums tour in Bogota
The Slums tour in Bogota is an experience to see the hard face of the city, but also the hospitality kindness and positivism of Colombian people in difficult conditions. Our host Juan will guide you through the south of Bogota while explaining to you the history and social background of the slums in Bogota. You will use the cable car who connects the city center to the slums with a quite nice view of the huge city. Already in the slums, Johana, a local resident of the community, will take over to show you around, tell life-changing stories and introduce you to local people. The slums tour will tell you all the social, political and economical background while sharing the friendliness of locals.
This cultural tour in the slums of Bogota will change your vision about the vulnerable neighborhoods in Bogota. The hospitality and enthusiasm of the residents will show happiness and hope even in the most difficult situations.
This tour is for me if I…
- Love cultural tours guided by locals sharing personal stories of life, challenges and progress.
- Like getting close to the culture, you will take the cable car towards the slums.
- Am interested in national facts like politics, culture, architecture and social background.
- Feel comfortable getting close to the locals. The mission is to show you that happiness and positivism can raise even in the most difficult situations.
- Love delicious typical snacks (done by residents).
Highlights in the slums tour in Bogota
- DepartureCranky croc hostel (Cl. 12d #346)
- Departure TimePlease arrive by 9:30 AM for a prompt departure at 10:00 AM.
- Return TimeApproximately 13:30 PM
- Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, walking shoes, hat and light jacket.
- IncludedThe Slums tour in BogotaAll transportation (from start point to end point)SnacksEntry FeesPersonal Guide
- Not IncludedSafety insuranceAccommodationDinnerLunchBreakfast