Prices might change with the group size
Street food tour in Cartagena
The street food tour in Cartagena is the perfect opportunity to have a delicious lunch and combine it with an amazing tour. Bring your appetite and an adventurous attitude! We hit the streets of Cartagena to experience the local food the way the Cartageneros do. Whether you are searching for a stopover snack, something more substantial, a healthy start in the morning or a sweet dessert – Cartagena’s streets provide you with everything you may need! One of the very best ways to gain an insight view into the daily life and culture of the local people is to experience their culinary culture.
Why choose this tour:
- It is an excellent way to have lunch! the snacks can be very nutritional and healthy as well.
- The fruit is one of the most important snacks during the food in Cartagena. You will try exotic and local delicious fruit.
- Since it is going to be very warm, some snacks will be refreshing and frozen!
- It is a perfect way to know new places in the city center of Cartagena, out of the spotlight of tourism.
- Get closer to the culture! you will have the opportunity to talk and get to know the people behind the food and their stories.
Now some examples to stimulate your appetite:
- Exotic tropical fruits like lulo, granadilla, níspero, papaya and guanabana
- Fried arepas, papas rellenas, empanadas, kibbeh, buñuelos and carimañolas
- Pork chicharrones
- Bollo de mazorca
- Lemonades and tamarindo juices
- Agua de coco
- Peto and avena
- Raspao and salpicón
- Cocadas, arequipe and enyucado
- Coffee and more…!
Dishes that you can’t miss in Cartagena (not included in the tour):
- Octopus Chambacú de La Mulata: Fresh octopus from the Rosario Islands grilled on rice and patacones.
- Fish Sancocho with coconut rice.
- Fried snapper and fresh lobster from Las Islas del Rosario. This dish is one of those that you can not miss on your next visit. Usually accompanied by patacones and coconut rice.
- Crab caimañolas, meat empanadas, cheese finger, cob bun, sausage, coastal cheese and yam cake.
- DepartureClog tower, historical center Cartagena.
- Departure TimePlease arrive by 15:30 AM for a prompt departure at 16:00 AM.
- Return TimeAround 18:00 PM
- Dress CodeCasual, summer clothes, protection against the sun (hat).
- IncludedStreet foodAll transportation (from start point to end point)SnacksEntry FeesPersonal Guide
- Not IncludedSafety insuranceAccommodationDinnerLunchBreakfast