River tour in Choco
Prices might change with the group size.
River tour in Choco
This river tour is in one of the most beautiful rivers in Choco, Tutunendo. This is a canoe trip towards 3 different amazing natural locations of the river. The first experience is the canoe trip guided by locals, where you will hear all the stories of the community and the town. The first stop is “La piedra del diablo”, which is a large rock inside the river. According to the legend, on the night of Good Friday, when the clock shows 12 o’clock, the rock breaks in half and a golden hen with its seven golden chickens appears inside.
The second stop is “Playa Pepa”. This is a river beach with white sand but in the middle of the jungle. There you will enjoy the beauty of the place and take a walk on the beach. The second stop is one of the hidden gems of Choco, and it is a waterfall. The name is “Sal de frutas” because it means something effervescent. There you will take a walk around nature and admire the fauna and flora around. Remember that you are in the middle of the jungle!
The third stop is Paloquemado. It is a wonderful place, a little dark away from the sun’s rays, but you live a magical adventure world, surrounded by the fauna and flora of the region. There you will see a relaxing waterfall falling in natural stone stairs. This River tour is completely amazing.
Interesting facts about the river:
- The name Tutunendo of Embera origin means ‘river of aromas’.
- In the center of this river, it is possible to observe the famous ‘Devil’s Stone’, which is a large rock inside the river. According to the legend, on the night of Good Friday, when the clock shows 12 o’clock, the rock breaks in half and a golden hen with its seven golden chickens appears inside.
- Some consider that its waters have healing powers.
- DepartureCentral park Quibdo
- Departure TimePlease arrive by 7:30 AM to start the tour at 8:00 PM
- Return TimeAround 14:00 PM
- Dress CodeCasual, summer clothes, protection against the sun (hat).
- IncludedRiver tour in ChocoAll transportation (from start point to end point)SnacksLunchEntry FeesPersonal Guide
- Not IncludedSafety insuranceAccommodationDinnerBreakfast
How to arrive at Quibdo by plane:Direct flights from Bogota (1.5 hours) and Medellin (40 minutes).
- Local Nacional Airport Aeropuerto El Caraño.
- Check Easyfly and Satena airlines.
To travel from Medellin to Quibdo by bus:
- From the "Terminal Sur" of Medellin, go to the company "Rapidos Ochoa". The schedules of departures are 06:30 07:30 09:30 12:00 18:30 20:30 22:00, and the duration of the trip is 7 hours. The prices are around 25 USD.