Salento and Cocora
Prices might change with the group size.
City and natural tour in Salento Colombia
Immerse yourself in the coffee culture of Salento, one of the most beautiful towns in Colombia. Salento is well known for the beautiful color of the houses, authentic coffee, and Cocora Valley. Join Claudia, our enthusiastic host on a tour visiting the highlights of the city and the hidden places behind the Valley.
Why choose this tour:
- During the tour, you will visit the highlights of the town and trek in the amazing Cocora Valley.
- The trekking not only shows the most visited part of the valley but goes to the most amazing hidden places behind the mountains.
- Lunch and snacks are included. Our enthusiastic local host will take you to the most typical restaurants to get closer to the culture and the people.
- History, architecture and interesting facts will be told by Claudia during the tour.
- You will visit hidden gems, like the hummingbird reserve, the cloudy forest behind the valley and typical local places to drink a delicious coffee.
Enjoy this amazing tour in Salento Colombia! More questions? Chat with us, send us a message or contact us via social media. We are glad to help you with anything you need.
Interesting facts about Salento:
- The Coffee Cultural Landscape is composed of 47 municipalities of Caldas, Quindío, Risaralda and Valle del Cauca. In 2011 it was declared Cultural Heritage of Humanity by Unesco.
- The main product of the region is coffee with exports for more than US $ 1,170 million in 2017.
- In this region, the use of American Jeep Willis vehicles from the time of World War II is very common. These Willis can be seen everywhere as transport and cargo elements.
- Guadua, as a building material, is the common denominator of this traditional popular architecture, particularly in the departments of Caldas, Quindío, and Risaralda, in whose territories are large extensions of guaduales.
- It is said that one of the reasons why houses have so many colors, is because the paint was always used to avoid wasting valuable material many years ago.
- DepartureSalento central park
- Departure TimePlease arrive by 7:30 AM to start the tour at 8:00 PM
- Return TimeAround 13:00 PM
- Dress CodeCasual sportive clothes (long pants and leaves preferable) , with trekking shoes and warm waterproof jacket.
- IncludedSalento and CocoraAll transportation (from start point to end point)SnacksLunchEntry FeesPersonal GuideBreakfast
- Not IncludedSafety insuranceAccommodationDinner
Stop 1: Central park Salento
- Get to know Claudia and learn the first information about the town and its culture
Stop 2: Cocora Valley
- Start the 6 h trekking in Cocora Valley and visit the hummingbird reserve, cloud forest and more hidden gems.
- Enjoy delicious snacks during the activity.
Stop 3: Salento down town
- Visit the most important highlight of the town.
- Learn about the history and architecture.
- Try unique and local coffee in typical places.
- Enjoy a delicious typical lunch in a local restaurant.
How to arrive from Bogota:By bus:
- Go by taxi (recommended) to the "terminal de transportes" bus station of Bogota.
- Look for the zone to go to the coffee zone (Pereria or Armenia, not direct bus). Most recommended companies: Expreso Bolivariano (Big buses) or Velotax (small vans).
- Buy the ticket at the desk always.
- No airport in Salento (small town)
- Take a flight to Armenia or Pereira.
How to arrive from Pereira:
- If you arrive at Pereira Airport, we recommend you take a taxi to the Pereira Transport terminal, on the first level of the terminal, go to the EXPRESO ALCALA company. Weekdays: 6:30 a.m., 8:40 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 11:40 a.m., 1:40 p.m., 3:00 p.m., 4:40 p.m. and 6:40 p.m. Weekend: Every hour from 6:30 am to 6:40 pm. The cost is around 3 USD.
How to arrive from Armenia:
- The bus schedule from the Armenia transport terminal to Salento with the company COTRACIR starts from 5:30 am to 7:00 p.m. They leave every 20 minutes from the terminal, with an approximate duration of 50 minutes, in a route of 30 kms. The bus has a cost per person and per journey of 3 USD