Choco: Beautiful waterfall in Quibdo
Prices might change with the group size.
Choco: Beautiful waterfalls in Quibdo
This is an incredible waterfall in Quibdo, Choco. Quibdo is a natural paradise hiding place for many. Quibdo is the capital of the department of Choco and is usually the most central point to travel to see the beautiful Humpback Whales. Therefore, this destination is the perfect stop for those who are in search of the Pacific. It is a city in the middle of the jungle, which has all the attractions of the Pacific jungle, but with much more accessibility.
The “Chaparraido” waterfall is one of the most beautiful attractions in Quibdo, Choco. This experience includes trekking in the middle of the jungle until you reach the place where the waterfall is located. During this hike, you can appreciate beautiful birds, monkeys, and other jungle animals. For nature lovers, it is a magical place, because you can learn from the native flora of the jungle and see the spectacular colors that nature can offer.
Why choose this tour?
- It is perfect for people who want to visit the jungle near the Pacific Sea since it has all the nature and also good accessibility because the airport is located in Quibdo.
- The “Chaparraido” waterfall is well known for its medicinal powers since its waters come directly from the source of the river.
- If you are thinking of visiting humpback whales, it is the perfect opportunity to stop and know everything that this city and its jungle has to offer.
- During this hike, you can appreciate beautiful birds, monkeys and other jungle animals.
- You will have the opportunity to swim in the waters of the natural pool around the waterfall, with crystal clear waters and a beautiful view of nature.
What is important to know about Quibdo:
- The entire department of Choco is also known for its joy and love of dance. The majority of the population is Afro-descendant. It tells the story, that at the time of the Spanish colony, many slaves fled the cities in search of tranquility, and many of them gathered in the choco jungle. These groups lived happily and constantly held parties and celebrations for freedom. Therefore, you can understand the joyful culture of the area today.
- DepartureCentral park Quibdo
- Departure TimePlease arrive by 9:00 AM for a prompt departure at 9:30 AM.
- Return TimeAround 14:00 PM
- Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing for summer, walking shoes.
- IncludedChoco: Beautiful waterfall in QuibdoAll transportation (from start point to end point)SnacksLunchEntry FeesPersonal Guide
- Not IncludedSafety insuranceAccommodationDinnerBreakfast
How to arrive at Quibdo by plane:Direct flights from Bogota (1.5 hours) and Medellin (40 minutes).
- Local Nacional Airport Aeropuerto El Caraño.
- Check Easyfly and Satena airlines.
To travel from Medellin to Quibdo by bus:
- From the "Terminal Sur" of Medellin, go to the company "Rapidos Ochoa". The schedules of departures are 06:30 07:30 09:30 12:00 18:30 20:30 22:00, and the duration of the trip is 7 hours. The prices are around 25 USD.